Thursday, July 21, 2011

How to crochet

So I have been busting my rather considerable stash of yarn.  I like to crochet things that don't take a lot of time so I usually do scarves.  Long ones, short ones, skinny ones, wide ones.  Basically my stash of a particular yarn determines the size.  Since I've been doing a lot of crochet, I haven't done many outdoor crafts.  I'll have to wait until it cools off a bit.  110 degrees is no kind of fun.  So I thought I would do a little tutorial on some simple crochet stitches.  The basic chain stitch which is the foundation of a piece and single, double, and triple crochet.  By knowing how to do these simple stitches and having a few good illustrated books you can easily learn how to do the more elaborate and decorative stitches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment