Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hanging Jewelry Organizer

I made this little hanging jewelry organizer months ago and filmed the tutorial for it but after I got done editing it was over 30 minutes long.  Waaaay too long.  So I decided I would eventually chop it up and just re-record the narration.  I finally got around to it because my hard-drive was getting full and the video files for this tutorial was taking up a ton of space so I forced myself to finish it this weekend. 

I've been using the organizer since way back then and I really like it.  I changed the little tin hanging from it because I kept bumping into it.  So now I have a smaller one that doesn't stick out as far to hold some bracelets and rings and stuff like that.  Anyway, it's similar to the ones I made for Christmas presents but after I made those I found all these other cool jewelry organizer ideas and just decided to do a jewelry organizer smash-up.  This is the end result.  I did mine with some canvas stretcher bars that I found in the painting section at the craft store.  But I think the next one I make will be with a pretty picture frame and it would take a lot less time too.  If you make one with a pretty frame you can skip to about 11:25 in the video.  Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. This is super awesome, and it doesn't look too complicated.

    Beats the hell out of Command hooks. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Nothing wrong with those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this i so could use one of these, i can sew really well , would you be interested in doing a swap maybe ?? is there something you want that you cant make , or do you like cupcakes , let me know i am a jack of all crafts master at a few , lol , i would love one of these in hot pink ,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there. I think I could be persuaded to do a swap. One of these days I'm going to open an Etsy shop and sell stuff like this. One of these days... Anyway, I think I have most of the stuff on hand to make another one of these. Are you looking for solid hot pink or patterned. If you want a pattern, I have several fat quarters of fabric that might fit the bill. I have a hot pink with white flowery designs; hot pink with darker hot pink butterflies; and one that's more pink with hot pink, orange, yellow, and white flowers on it. So these would end up being maybe about 14" by 18". I also have several remnants in different sized pieces that are fun. I've got one that is hot pink with magenta flowers outlined in sparkley gold with gold dots all over it. Another is pink with black and hot pink cheetah print. I used it in the fabric bow ring video. Then I have a couple that are hot pink-ish with fancy brown patterns on them. If you want I can take a pic of them and send it to you.

      Delete